Community Forums

ATutor Bug Reports

Version 2.2 RC1 Installation


You must be signed-in to post.

AuthorSubject
 
Page: 1
hakangur
01.jpg

Attachment: 01.jpg
Subject: Version 2.2 RC1 InstallationQuote this post in your reply
Operating system ATutor is installed on - Linux
ATutor version - 2.2 RC1
Patch #s applied - None
ATutor theme name - ?
PHP version - 5.3.24
MySQL version - 5.1.66
Webserver & version - A free host service
Web browser being used - Firefox

Hello,

For testing purposes, I wanted to install ATutor Ver. 2.2 on a free hosting services server (freehostingnoads.net). Initially, all requirements are checked as valid. However, after I enter information about the database (I leave the table suffix blank) and click for the next page (tne end of Step 2), I get the following message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function real_escape_string() on a non-object in /home/u241584689/public_html/include/lib/mysql_connect.inc.php on line 141

The database itself seems fine and the collation for the database is utf8 general. When I use the same database to install version 2.1, there is no problem at all. I tried to install the same package on a different server - where my original website is located - and I got the same error message.

I do not whether this is something specific to this case but if you believe that it is not, I am prepared to provide persons in charge with details of the account so that they might test it live themselves.

Best regards.
Posted: 2014-07-21 08:22:12
greg

Avatar for greg
Subject: Re: Version 2.2 RC1 InstallationQuote this post in your reply
Thanks for the report.

We'll give it a try on freehostingnodes.net.

atutor.ca/atutor/mantis/view.php?id=5495
Posted: 2014-07-21 09:20:26
greg

Avatar for greg
Subject: Re: Version 2.2 RC1 InstallationQuote this post in your reply
Some progress on this, but not a full solution:

-----
This issue is the result of the following query failing in the create_and_switch_db() function in include/install/install.inc.php.

$sql = "SHOW CREATE DATABASE `%s`";
$row = queryDB($sql, array($db_name));

It may be due to the use of back quotes, which is required for this query that is used to test the DB character set for UTF-8 collation.

This does not happen on all systems. In this case mysql -v = 5.1.66, tested on freehostingnoads.net.

For a temporary workaround, the else block that the query appears in can be safely removed/commented if the DB is known to be UTF-8, then install will finish successfully.

Continuing to look for a proper solution...
Posted: 2014-07-24 20:56:35
greg

Avatar for greg
Subject: Re: Version 2.2 RC1 InstallationQuote this post in your reply
We've tracked this issue down to a problem with mysql version 5.1.66, and perhaps earlier versions. There was a bug fix in the following version that corrects the issue of backticks/backquotes used in queries. There does not appear to be a reasonable workaround, other than commenting out lines 459-474 to remove the UTF-8 check, or upgrading to a newer version of mysql.

For details on the bug, search the following page for "backtick"

dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.1/en/news-5-1-67.html [^]
Posted: 2014-07-25 14:27:30
 
Page: 1

You must be signed-in to post.

Related Articles