Community Forums

ATutor Support

Problem with language pack after Upgrade from ATuotr 2.1.1 to 2.2.2


You must be signed-in to post.

AuthorSubject
 
Page: 1
fathianf
Subject: Problem with language pack after Upgrade from ATuotr 2.1.1 to 2.2.2Quote this post in your reply
Hi. I recently upgraded from ATutor 2.1.1 to ATutor 2.2.2 on the same OS centos 7 and downloaded farsi language pack (as most of our courses are in farsi utf-8) for ATutor 2.2.2 but now farsi contents are not showing correctly. Would you Please let me know what has gone wrong?

If you are asking for help, provide lots of detail so problems can be reproduced.

Things to describe:
Operating system ATutor is installed on -Centos 7
ATutor version -2.2.2
Patch #s applied -
ATutor theme name -
PHP version -5.4
MySQL version -mariadb 5.5
Webserver & version -
Copies of error messages -
Changes to default settings -
Web browser being used -
...and anything else relevant -
Posted: 2017-11-22 02:38:44
fathianf
Subject: Re: Problem with language pack after Upgrade from ATuotr 2.1.1 to 2.2.2Quote this post in your reply
By the way, as my content folder volume is about 3T, I didn't let installation copy the content folder and after installation completed I changed content dir in config.inc.php. So can it caused this problem? If is so, would let me know how can upgrade without going to step 5 of upgrade process (means not copying content file) because in this way upgrade will took so long.

If you are asking for help, provide lots of detail so problems can be reproduced.

Things to describe:
Operating system ATutor is installed on -
ATutor version -
Patch #s applied -
ATutor theme name -
PHP version -
MySQL version -
Webserver & version -
Copies of error messages -
Changes to default settings -
Web browser being used -
...and anything else relevant -
Posted: 2017-11-22 03:33:02
greg

Avatar for greg
Subject: Re: Problem with language pack after Upgrade from ATuotr 2.1.1 to 2.2.2Quote this post in your reply
Try reinstalling the Faris language pack.

I don't see a problem in the strategy you are using to copy over the content directory.
Posted: 2017-11-22 07:21:40
fathianf
screenshot.docx
Subject: Re: Problem with language pack after Upgrade from ATuotr 2.1.1 to 2.2.2Quote this post in your reply
Hi Greg,
Thanks for your reply. I reinstalled the language pack with no success. I think during regular upgrade ATutor lms convert all courses in content directory but as I said before, I didn't let upgrade process go to step of copy content directory, so that could cause this problem. Would you please let me know how can I solve this issue as I already said my content directory is about 3T and I am sure regular upgrade takes too long and I can't go through this upgrade as we are in the middle of term.
I send a screen shot of my site for your information.
If you are asking for help, provide lots of detail so problems can be reproduced.

Things to describe:
Operating system ATutor is installed on -
ATutor version -
Patch #s applied -
ATutor theme name -
PHP version -
MySQL version -
Webserver & version -
Copies of error messages -
Changes to default settings -
Web browser being used -
...and anything else relevant -
Posted: 2017-11-25 00:45:04
greg

Avatar for greg
Subject: Re: Problem with language pack after Upgrade from ATuotr 2.1.1 to 2.2.2Quote this post in your reply
Stopping the upgrade part way through could cause problems.

I see the Thai characters do not appear correctly. This could mean your database connection was not set to UTF-8.

Typically 3TB of content directory is excessive, suggesting it contains video. Though possible, loading video into course content, leads to these types of problems during upgrade. Video should be loaded into a video service provider (e.g. YouTube) then linked into courses.

If you are unable to revert to the backup you created before you upgraded, you may need to go through and manually retype the the content that appears in the wrong character set (after you have ensured your database is set to UTF-8)
Posted: 2017-11-27 09:10:38
fathianf
Subject: Re: Problem with language pack after Upgrade from ATuotr 2.1.1 to 2.2.2Quote this post in your reply
Hi Greg, Thanks for your reply. would you please let me know how can I check my database encoding is set to UTF-8?

If you are asking for help, provide lots of detail so problems can be reproduced.

Things to describe:
Operating system ATutor is installed on -
ATutor version -
Patch #s applied -
ATutor theme name -
PHP version -
MySQL version -
Webserver & version -
Copies of error messages -
Changes to default settings -
Web browser being used -
...and anything else relevant -
Posted: 2017-11-28 00:08:44
greg

Avatar for greg
Subject: Re: Problem with language pack after Upgrade from ATuotr 2.1.1 to 2.2.2Quote this post in your reply
See:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/153706/change-default-collation-in-phpmyadmin

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/charset-applications.html
Posted: 2017-11-28 07:25:31
 
Page: 1

You must be signed-in to post.

Related Articles